Saturday, September 25, 2010

Relationships - A New Perspective

As Rose has already touched on, relationships do come in many shapes and forms, although the most significant and possibly the strongest, will be the relationship you have with that one special person. I am in a relationship, so this perspective comes from someone who has been both single and in a long term relationship (relatively long term)... But some of the best advice I have ever been given on relationships was from a friend of mine, who was in a relationship a few months before I was. He said simply, “Having a girlfriend [partner] gives you some of the best feelings you will ever feel, but at a flick of a light switch, it can also give you the worst feelings you will ever feel”.
Now that I’ve found myself in a serious relationship, I could not agree more with my friend. I can very much say that most of the times when I’m with my girlfriend, I am at my absolute happiest and it feels like nothing could bring me down... Except with that same token, there are those times where you feel as though you just hit rock bottom.
My point is simply this. A serious relationship is very much about accepting the bad with the good times. This may be a very arguable comment, but I personally do not believe a perfect relationship exists with no bad times. A perfect relationship (to me), is a relationship which triumphs over every bad time and cherishes the good times.


-- Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment